Monday, October 25, 2010

Humminah 10-25-10

My first attempt at a blog and I have no real plan for it other than to do it. I probably will get no followers and I will be the only to read it ever!! I originally was going to call my blog The Ramblings of A Confused Mind. Although I will be rambling and sometimes find myself in a confused state I felt that name was giving in to some emo, pop culture, gothic wannabe mentality and that is something I do not want. I am not an individual in any sense of the word other of course being a person. I kinda enjoy fitting in, I will usually go with the flow, and I don't mind being concidered a sheep following those around me I mean look I have started a blog for goodness sakes. But this whole idea of fitting in by standing out that we saw when I was in high school with the Gothic Crowd, and we see more recently with what is called Emo is not a direction I would like to take so I decided on Humminah as the name of my Blog. This name is very simply a made up expression my cousin Jessica and I used to say to one another for everything. "Jessica what are you doing?" the reply would be "Humminah". "Hey Becky our favorite show is on." again the reply "Humminah". "Wanna go to the park?" "Humminah" "Stop being a brat!" "Humminah" with a little bit of attitude. I think you get the point. We would even turn it into a song but all the words to the song would be Humminah. We were very strange. Jessica is 4 years younger than me and when I was 11 I moved in with her family because my mother would no longer care for me. So Jessica was the sister I never had (or wanted at that time) I already had a younger brother that annoyed the heck outta me, I really didn't need another annoying sibling. But alas she began to grow on me, just as my little brother Bobby did also, eventually. But that is a story for another time. This entry is just supposed to be an introductory. My name is Becky, I am almost 30 years old, I live in California and I work for a Homeless Mission. I probably will have no followers and the only person that will read this is me. But I am going to do it anyway. I will try to post new entries every Sunday ATLEAST. Maybe more often. Since I am doing this all by phone I should be able to post from anywhere, but since I am doing this by phone it will
be very plain and simple. Good Night my non-readers. HUMMINAH

No comments:

Post a Comment